Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012 Cellcom Training

As one of our running buddies said yesterday, we now have a new purpose. Running for the sake of running is great, but having a goal adds a little more discipline and helps one lace up the shoes when pulled in other directions.

This year I will be leading a pace group for the half marathon. Though I have always strived to better my time each race, I have come to grips with the fact that faster is not always better (alright for those who know me, I am not really convinced of that......). I am thinking it will be fun to pace a group of runners trying to meet or exceed their goals rather than me trying to beat my best time. The pace group that I will be leading is the 2:10 group, which is about a 9:55 minute / mile.

Like last year I will run the marathon training distances up to about 14 or 16 miles. That seems to be the point my body is telling me to stop. I am contemplating running a 1/2 marathon before the Cellcom for time, but we will see. Hmmmm, maybe a destination 1/2. We will see.

Today, Patti and I will get a run in Florida where we can run in shorts and short sleeve shirts. Looking forward to it even though yesterday's run in Green Bay was great at 30 ish degrees.

Happy Running.

HC

No comments:

Post a Comment